Last Updated on September 24, 2018
Welcome to FightCamp by Hykso! The privacy and security of your personal information is important to us. Accordingly, we pledge to respect your privacy, be transparent about our data practices, keep your data safe, and let you decide how your information is shared.
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- What Information We Share
- How We Use Tracking Technologies, such as Cookies, Web Beacons and Tracking Pixels
- How We Secure Your Personal Information
- Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
- Signing-In or Linking Your FightCamp Account through a Third-Party Service
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- How We Respond To Do Not Track Signals
- Children Under 16
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Users Outside of the United States
- Contact Us
What Information We Collect
We collect information, including Personal Information, only where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases on which we rely include your consent where you have given it, contract where processing is necessary for us to perform our obligations pursuant to a contract with you, and legitimate interests of our business such as operating and providing the Site, App, Hykso Devices and FightCamp Service to you.
We collect, store, and use the following categories of information, which includes Personal Information:
Information you give us:
- Your name, email address, date or birth, postal address, zip code, country, telephone number, and any other information you share when you create an account on our Site or App or otherwise access the FightCamp Service.
- We do not display your email address to other Users or Members; instead, others will see the name or nickname you enter in your profile settings.
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes or to help direct Hykso activities.
- Other Personal Information you voluntarily submit, which may include your gender, height, weight, your profile picture, etc.
- Any information you share when you contact us.
Information we get from your use of the Site, App, Hykso Devices or FightCamp Service:
- Details of how you use the Site, App, Hykso Devices or FightCamp Service.
- When you sync your Hykso Devices through an App or the FightCamp Service, data and information recorded on your Hykso Devices about your activity is transferred from your Hykso Devices to our servers. Each time a sync occurs, we log data about the transmission; some examples of this log data includes the sync time and date, device battery level, and the IP address used when syncing.
- Your internet protocol address (i.e., IP address) and, if you access the Site or FightCamp Service from a mobile device, your unique mobile device ID number and non-email authentication.
- Details of financial transactions you participate in on the Site, App or FightCamp Service, including the amount, currency, and method of payment.
- Your social media account IDs and information shared with us via your social media accounts.
- Browser and device information and other information collected through Tracking Technologies (defined below), such as cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies - even if you do not have a FightCamp Service account.
- When using the FightCamp Service, your mobile device or Hykso Devices will send us data about your location based on your phone settings and the Hykso Devices, such as GPS signals, device sensors, or wi-fi access points. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location. We only collect location data when you are interacting with the FightCamp Service or our products or services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including to improve the Site, App and FightCamp Service, optimize our technology, refine and customize our offerings and user experience, experience of our Members, and innovate ways to forward our mission.
In particular, we use the information we collect to:
- To accomplish our mission, which is to empower FightCamp Members to train smarter and reach new heights in their personal fitness performance.
Administer the Site and App and provide the FightCamp Service, enable you to use its features and the Hykso Devices, and improve the overall user experience.
- Data and information from Hykso Devices is stored and used to provide the Hykso Service and is associated with your account.
Communicate with you through email, text, SMS, message via social media platforms, telephone, or any other medium for which we have contact information so that we can provide you with information and updates about us, our work, and our community, and to make it easier for you to share such information about us with your social networks.
- If you contact us when you are already logged in to your FightCamp account, the web or in-app form automatically prefills your name and email address, so you do not have to type it in manually.
- You can also contact Hykso or the FightCamp team on public forums such as Twitter or Facebook; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication to us if you contact us through these channels.
- Send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to comments and questions and provide technical support and customer support.
- Analyze how Users use the Site, App and FightCamp Service using tools like Google Analytics and other tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Site, App or FightCamp Service.
- Create targeted advertising to promote the Site, App or FightCamp Service and engage our community of Members and Users.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- Link or combine user information with other Personal Information, such as using height, weight, gender and age to provide curated information to you about your body and performance.
- Compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties.
What Information We Share
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated third parties, except with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide the FightCamp Service or any specific service you have requested or authorized. We currently do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
To help us do our work, we may provide limited access to some of your Personal Information to the following third parties:
- Collaborating Organizations: Sometimes we collaborate closely with other groups to further our mission. In these cases, we may share your name, contact information and other details you provided when making an account with our partners.
- Affiliated Third Parties: We may share our subscriber list, which include Members' names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, social media IDs, comments, and action history, with our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers: We work with a wide range of third party providers, notably our database administrators, cloud computing services, advertising services, data analysts, application service providers, bulk SMS services, and other non-governmental organizations. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Information except in connection with providing their services to Hykso.
- Payment processors: We do not view or store credit card information. We work with payment processors such as Stripe to help process credit card transactions and other payment methods made through the Site or FightCamp Service. These payment processors will store certain information about you. Please refer to their privacy policies to learn more about how they use your Personal Information. We do store your shipping address, so we can process your order for the Hykso Devices or other products through our fulfillment partner. If you are signed into your FightCamp account when you purchase a product or service on our Site or through the App, we will associate that order with your FightCamp account.
We may also transfer your Personal Information to a third party as a result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar transaction; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of the Site, App or FightCamp Service; and to protect the rights or property of Hykso. In such event, and to the extent legally permitted, we will notify you and, if there are material changes in relation to the processing of your Personal Information, give you an opportunity to consent to such changes.
We will also share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Hykso if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to (1) detect or protect against fraud or security issues, to enforce our Terms, (2) meet any enforceable government request, (3) defend against legal claims, or protect against harm our legal rights or safety, or that of our staff and/or Members.
How We Use Tracking Technologies, such as Cookies, Web Beacons and Tracking Pixels
We, or third parties we do business with, may use certain technologies to automatically collect log files and other information about your usage of, and the devices you use to access, the Site, App and the FightCamp Service ("Tracking Technologies"). For example, we may use Tracking Technologies like cookies, log files, web beacons, session replay scripts, or similar technologies to help us analyze our web page and in-application user flow, customize our services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness and promote trust and safety.
Web beacons, tracking pixels and similar Tracking Technologies may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use Tracking Technologies to recognize you when you visit the Site, download the App, or access the FightCamp Service and to help determine how you found the Site, App or FightCamp Service. If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: the Digital Advertising Alliance's website, http://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative's website, http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. If you are a Member, you are solely responsible for keeping your membership details confidential, including any access credentials like passwords or mobile device PINs. If you have a security-related concern, please contact Customer Support.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You have certain rights with respect to the use of Personal Information on our Site, in the App and within the FightCamp Service:
Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information furnished by a user in their account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by editing their profile via the App. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Delete or Correct Your Content. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Your Content by accessing your account. You control all of Your Content and any other Member Content you upload. Content that you delete (including Content containing Personal Information) may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features like workout history and tracker stats. For instructions on how to permanently delete Your Content from your account, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that permanent deletion of Your Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to that Content.
Delete or Correct Personal Information. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Information we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your account page or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so through your account page. If you do, personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
Download or Access Personal Information. You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information, as well as information about its processing, and can ask for a copy of your Personal Information (including in machine readable form) by emailing us at email@example.com.
Opting Out of Email Communications. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so by unsubscribing via the "Unsubscribe" link in any email related to the FightCamp Service or from Hykso.
Marketing Communications. We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new features within the FightCamp Service, Hykso products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking "Unsubscribe" (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
Signing-In or Linking Your FightCamp Account through Third Party Service
You may create your FightCamp Account using different credential such as a Facebook or Google+ account. We will ask permission to access basic information from that third-party service account, such as your name, profile picture, and friend list. You may stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing or revoking Hykso's access to that account through the FightCamp Service. We will also access your phone's contact list for the purpose of letting you identify contacts who are FightCamp Members. We do not store your phone's contact list and it is deleted immediately after it is used for this purpose.
Links to Third-Party Websites or Services
By accessing the Site or App and using the FightCamp Service, you agree that we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by your use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from these third-party websites.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a Do Not Track signal to websites and other online services you visit. We do not alter our practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from a visitor's browser because we do not track our visitors to provide targeted advertising. To find out more about Do Not Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Children Under 13
The FightCamp Service are not directed to individuals who are under age of 13 and we do not solicit nor knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that we have unknowingly collected any Personal Information from someone under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and the information will be deleted.
Your California Privacy Rights
Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our designated address and receive the following information: (a) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (b) the names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. To make such a request, please use the contact information below.
A Note to Users Outside the United States
Hykso is based in the United States. The FightCamp Service (including the Site and App) are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be collected, transferred to, stored and otherwise processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the FightCamp Service you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
We will ensure that transfers of Personal Information are provided an adequate level of protection as required by law, such as by entering into appropriate contractual arrangements (such as, where applicable, the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission), by complying with or relying on EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework certifications, or by asking for your prior consent.
If you have any questions about this Policy, your Personal Information, or the FightCamp Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the below address:
c/o Data Protection Officer
936 W 17th St.
Costa Mesa, California 92627
Please contact us if you have any complaints or concerns with respect to your privacy. If you believe we are unable to assist you, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the relevant jurisdiction. However, we are committed to working with you to resolve any complaint or concern you may have with respect to your privacy.